Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Section 2.6/2.7

I don't think I really understand what a matrix norm is. I understand the properties because those are just normal properties that can be seen in other things but I just think I understand this completely. I learned that a conjugate transpose is a vector with complex entries that has been taken the transpose of. For property 3 is says:
IIalpha xII = IalphaI IIxII for any x which is an element of R^n and alpha which is an element of R but I assumed that alpha suppose to be the absolute value of alpha and I wasn't completely sure of that. I also did not understand equation 2.17 but I understood everything that followed that. I just don't understand what that definition means. I think I really understand residuals pretty well though.

No comments: