Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Section 5.5

When calculating the maximum number of iterations that we want to compute for GMRES why is 10 an option. Why is 10 such a good number for iterations in comparison to 15 or 20? I can see that restart GMRES and MINRES are good methods for saving time. I'm not exactly sure if I completely understand the real-valued function (5.18). I don't know where the terms come from. In example 5.16, I don't exactly know what the graphs are suppose to be telling me. What I'm confused about for preconditioning though is how we would be able to get a matrix in the form of M^-1*A for better conditioning but not compute what M^-1 is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If ossible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aparelho de DVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aparelho-dvd.blogspot.com. A hug.